Miso Glazed Cod

Sunday, February 21, 2010

Tonight I had a lovely dinner that I just had to share with you all.  It has been especially difficult thinking of meal ideas for my family because of several allergies and food preferences from my parents.  I thought of a dish that would satisfy everyone, a fish recipe that my mom has made several times before: Ellie Krieger's Miso Glazed Cod. I have always loved it and was really excited for her to make it again tonight.

I made a spinach & mushroom side-dish that complemented the fish perfectly.  Here is the recipe:
1 T. coconut oil
1 shallot, minced
1 tsp. fresh ginger, minced
1/2 bag frozen mixed mushrooms, defrosted
1 package fresh baby spinach
2 tsp. Bragg's Liquid Aminos (or soy sauce)
1 tsp. Emeril's Asian Essence
1/2 tsp. crushed red pepper
1 tsp. toasted sesame seeds

Heat a large saute pan on medium-high.  Add the coconut oil.  Saute the shallot and ginger until soft (1-2 min).  Add the mushrooms to heat through.  Add the spinach and lower the heat to medium-low.  Cook until the spinach has wilted.  Mix in the Bragg's Aminos, Emeril's Essence, and red pepper.  Serve and top with sesame seeds.

It was a treat to have my mom cook the fish.  I'm sure all cooks can relate when I say I don't really enjoy the meals I make as much when I spend a lot of time cooking them.  

Hope everyone had a great weekend!  I'm excited for the amazing Italian recipes I'll be cooking up in school this week!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

La Bella Cucina Copyright © 2009 Designed by Ipietoon Blogger Template for Bie Blogger Template Vector by DaPino