MLK Day Dinner

Monday, January 18, 2010

Shown above is the delightful dinner that my family and I enjoyed tonight.  Last week, I learned how to make Fish En Papillote and have been dying to make it ever since.  Tonight I finally got my chance!

I decided to go to the grocery store and choose whichever fish looked best.  My mom and I agreed on the wild cod.  I eliminated the julienne vegetables in the papillote because they just weren't hearty enough for me.  I love vegetables and want a huge pile of them with my meal, not a few fine julienned strips.  Instead, I added sliced cherry tomatoes, minced shallots, a sprig of rosemary, and a sprig of thyme.  I drizzled the fish with a crisp white wine blend and some extra virgin olive oil.  After adding a twist of lemon and sealing up the parchment pouch, it steamed in a 425 degree oven for exactly 10 1/2 minutes :)    

It was cooked perfectly!  For my mom and I, I plated the fish with tomatoes over a bed of sauteed rainbow swiss chard and shallots.  I drizzled some balsamic glaze for an extra bit of sweetness.  

For my brother and dad's dishes, I placed the fish over some leftover risotto from Friday's class.  

I also roasted broccoli and my one true love, Kabocha Squash:

My mom thinks I may turn into a squash from the amount that I eat.  I love this squash as a snack, in a sandwich for lunch and as a side with dinner.. it's wonderful, so you should try it!

Sammy tried some extra fish and was asking if he could have more:

I think Lillie liked the fish, but when I asked her she just wanted to play:

My pugs are just too cute:


I also recreated another dish from school this weekend.  I made the Lima Bean Stew from Thursday's class.  I added some parmesan at the end and blended it with an immersion blender to make a lima bean soup.  It was very creamy and delicious.  I brought it over to my grandpa for lunch because I knew he would love it (he did!)

Can't wait to get back to school tomorrow and try out some new recipes!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

The fish in parchment paper looks sooo good and healthy too! I also just love kabocha squash! I love your pugs!

Post a Comment

La Bella Cucina Copyright © 2009 Designed by Ipietoon Blogger Template for Bie Blogger Template Vector by DaPino