PUMPKIN Cheesecake

Thursday, October 29, 2009















Today I decided to whip up (no pun intended-hehe) a pumpkin cheesecake. If you know me at all, then you know I LOVE cheesecake. Over the past 2 years I have fell in love with the no-bake cheesecake. My mom reinvented the cool whip cheesecake recipe and it is my ultimate favorite healthy, light cheesecake. Here's the recipe for the regular cheesecake:

1 prepared graham cracker crust
1 and 1/2 8 oz packages of 1/3 less fat cream cheese
1/3 cup granulated sugar
1/3 cup light sour cream
1 tsp. vanilla extract
1 container cool whip (defrosted)
*Note: it is best to use all of the ingredients at room temperature to get the best cheesecake result

Whip the cream cheese, sugar, sour cream, and vanilla extract in a large bowl with an electric mixer until just combined. Add the cool whip and continue to whip for a couple of minutes. Pour into the pie shell and refrigerate for a few hours. Simple as that!

Tis the season for PUMPKIN, so I decided to make a little different version today. Here's the pumpkin version:

1 prepared graham cracker crust
1 and 1/2 8 oz packages of 1/3 less fat cream cheese
1/2 cup kozi shack pumpkin pudding/pie filling
1 tsp. cinnamon
1/2 tsp. nutmeg
(or you can substitute pumpkin pie spice, which I would have done if I had it)
1 cool whip container

Just use the same method as before, adjusting the spices as you like.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

La Bella Cucina Copyright © 2009 Designed by Ipietoon Blogger Template for Bie Blogger Template Vector by DaPino