Flat Out Pizza

Sunday, November 15, 2009


Tonight I was only making dinner for myself, so I made one of my favorite quick and easy, healthy meals: Flat Out Pizza!  I loove flat out wraps, especially the italian flavored and sun dried tomato wraps.  I use them to make turkey wraps and pizza.  Here's the recipe I came up with while in college, and is my ultimate favorite flat out pizza! I make a lot of the spinach topping even if I'm just making one pizza because it's great to make omelets with later on in the week!

1 package of fresh baby spinach, washed OR 1 package of frozen spinach, thawed
1 sweet onion
1 T. coconut oil
1/2 pint cherry tomatoes, halved
salt & pepper
a few grates of nutmeg
1/2 tsp. dried oregano
pecorino romano
gorgonzola
italian seasoning
crushed red pepper
1 flat out wrap
Marinara/tomato basil sauce

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

In a large sautee pan, heat up the coconut oil over medium high heat.  Add the onions, salt and pepper, and saute until slightly browned and translucent.  Add the tomatoes and cook for another minute or 2.  Add the spinach and cook.  Add a little more salt and pepper, nutmeg and oregano.  

Place the wrap on a baking sheet and bake in the oven for about 8 minutes.  Top the wrap with tomato sauce, spinach/onion mixture, pecorino, gorgonzola, and italian seasoning.  Put back in the oven for another 5-10 minutes or until the cheese is melted.  Serve and enjoy with some crushed red pepper on top for heat!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

La Bella Cucina Copyright © 2009 Designed by Ipietoon Blogger Template for Bie Blogger Template Vector by DaPino