Weekend!!!

Sunday, November 15, 2009

This weekend I practiced my chopping skills and  medium diced the 3 potatoes I brought home.  I par boiled and sauteed them for my family to try and they were delicious!  I meant to take a picture of them but totally forgot.  I did take a picture of my knives though!
Today I was home alone with nothing to do so I decided to make the pie crusts for the apple and pumpkin pies for Thanksgiving.  I made 3 pie crusts and put them in the freezer so they're ready for when my mom and I make the pies next week. My mom and I have been making the same pie crust for years, from Mark Bittman's cookbook "How to Cook Everything".  Here's the recipe:
1 1/8 cups all purpose flour
1/2 tsp. salt
1 tsp. sugar
8 T. butter cut into small pieces (1 stick)
about 3 T ice water

Place the flour, salt, and sugar in a food processor and pulse until just combined.  Add the butter and mix until it resembles cornmeal.  While the processor is on, gradually add the water by the tablespoon until the dough forms into a ball.  Place the dough onto a floured surface and form into a disk.  Wrap in plastic wrap and freeze or refrigerate until ready to use.  The result is a buttery, flaky crust!  I could eat a whole disk of this dough raw..it's sooo good!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

La Bella Cucina Copyright © 2009 Designed by Ipietoon Blogger Template for Bie Blogger Template Vector by DaPino